Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo library not synced with photo app

Hello,

So I just got this problem. I opened iMovie (on the M1 MacBook Air) and the "Photos" Library only has a couple of pictures. These pictures are actually the pictures that are in my "Pictures" folder on my Mac. But the problem is that the "Photos" Library does not have the photos from iCloud (that is synced on this MacBook Air and is set as the System Photo Library).

So, in the "Photos" Library in iMovie, I have everything except the Photos from the Photos app...

Thank you.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 7:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 9:56 AM

Hi, Dreaams,

iMovie won't read photos that are in the cloud. Particularly, if you have optimized storage selected in your iCloud preferences only your most recently opened photos will be available. The rest will be synced in the Cloud and would first need to be downloaded for iMovie to recognize them.

-- Rich

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2021 9:56 AM in response to Dreaams

Hi, Dreaams,

iMovie won't read photos that are in the cloud. Particularly, if you have optimized storage selected in your iCloud preferences only your most recently opened photos will be available. The rest will be synced in the Cloud and would first need to be downloaded for iMovie to recognize them.

-- Rich

Photo library not synced with photo app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.