Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has Apple changed Activity Competitions?

I've just started using Activity Competitions having not done so for about a year. It used to be the case that you'd get 600 points if you closed all of your rings. (This is also what it says in here https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT207014)

There have been a few occasions my friend + I have completed both of our rings but not got 600 points (see image below). It doesn't appear to match any kind of pattern so wondering if it's a bug? Anyone else noticed this. I'm on an Apple Watch 6 and my friend is SE.

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 5:04 AM

Quote from apple support page;

During the competition, you both earn points by filling your Activity rings. You get a point for every percentage point that you add to your rings each day and you can earn up to 600 points a day. That’s a max of 4,200 points for the week.

Share your Activity and compete with friends with your Apple Watch – Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2021 5:04 AM in response to bobbysquio

Quote from apple support page;

During the competition, you both earn points by filling your Activity rings. You get a point for every percentage point that you add to your rings each day and you can earn up to 600 points a day. That’s a max of 4,200 points for the week.

Share your Activity and compete with friends with your Apple Watch – Apple Support

Jan 15, 2021 6:45 AM in response to Community User

Ah right, I understand! So 100 points for a ring close. So you need 6 ring closures in order to get 600.

I wonder if it’s always worked like this... it always seemed to work definitely to me 🤔 One explanation could be that my exercise ring used to be really low + I always ended up completing it 2/3 times not realising that was getting me to 600 quite easily. Cheating perhaps? 😱

Has Apple changed Activity Competitions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.