Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logging into 4K Apple TV Box first time - Loop after entering Apple ID, Password, and Authentication Code

What's the latest fix for working around this new 4K Apple TV Box Login Loop bug, where, after entering your Apple ID and password CORRECTLY, you then CORRECTLY enter the 2-factor authentication code that has been sent to your android phone, the Apple TV box screen loops you back to the Apple ID page, where your Apple ID is pre-filled out now...

Side note... The new 4K Apple TV was received from Spectrum.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 8:16 PM

Apple Support gave me the answer I needed. At the screen on the TV where our Apple ID is displayed, instead of pressing continue, press skip. But before we did that, we had to log into I-tunes on our PC (as we had no Apple phone or tablet). Before we could log into I-tunes, we had to download the I-tunes app from Microsoft on the PC with Windows 10. And before we could download the i-tunes app, we had to create a Microsoft account through the PC.

Spectrum C/S for the Apple TV device, could not help us with the Microsoft part of getting itunes on the laptop.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 8:16 PM in response to jfaughnan

Apple Support gave me the answer I needed. At the screen on the TV where our Apple ID is displayed, instead of pressing continue, press skip. But before we did that, we had to log into I-tunes on our PC (as we had no Apple phone or tablet). Before we could log into I-tunes, we had to download the I-tunes app from Microsoft on the PC with Windows 10. And before we could download the i-tunes app, we had to create a Microsoft account through the PC.

Spectrum C/S for the Apple TV device, could not help us with the Microsoft part of getting itunes on the laptop.

Logging into 4K Apple TV Box first time - Loop after entering Apple ID, Password, and Authentication Code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.