Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air (M1) Mail Crashes

Bought my wife a new MacBook Air for Christmas and now the Reply, Reply All, and Forward buttons causes Mail to crash. I have tried rebuilding all the mailboxes, but it is still crashing.

Mail is basically unusable at this point.

Attached is a screenshot of the error report.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 16, 2021 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 3:45 AM

If a full reinstall doesn’t fix it you should probably report it as a bug at https://www.apple.com/feedback/. Yes a MacOS bug or a device bug but my preference would be for the software.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 18, 2021 9:09 PM in response to Branta_uk

Just upgraded to MacOS 11.1 and this did not work.

I have been digging into this and I found that it starts to bring up a new window before it crashes.

Also, I have notice that some e-mails work and most don't. It happens on all my inboxes. At one point, I thought it had something to do with the weird TO: line in my e-mails. It looks like this: "my e-mail address My Name <my e-mail address>". Some e-mails don't show the TO: line in the display panel. Those seem to work. However, I'm finding some with the weird TO: line that work too. So that's not it.

In addition, the Junk and Trash mailboxes are no longer listed under favorites, They are all separate for each inbox now. I prefer to have junk and trash go to one corresponding mailbox, not 4 separate ones.

MacBook Air (M1) Mail Crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.