Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email not working on iphone (works on PC)

I have an iphone 8+, I use the apple mail app and Telstra is my Telco and I have my main email ending in bigpond.net.au and my sub email ending in bigpond.com set up on it. About a week ago the bigpond.com account started saying cannot get mail in the mail app. In the end I deleted the account but now I cant add it back in, I get an error that SSL is not available, So I have tried to check my mail via safari app, chrome app and google app, edge app, firefox app for both bigpond.com and bigpond.net.au today and on all of them it says the page is not private, its not a private connection, connection untrusted and this is the https://signon.telstra.com.au/login

I can access the bigpond.com email via my laptop mail browser and various web browers but just not on my phone. Telstra believe it is an Apple issue, possibly due to 14.3 that I downloaded just before the issues occurred. Any ideas if there is a setting stopping this from happening so I can access the bigpond.com email again some how?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 4:49 AM

4 replies

Jan 19, 2021 7:25 PM in response to oliverrat

Hello oliverrat,

We'd love to assist you with getting the email account added back. If it is showing an error when adding it back, then we'd recommend looking up your mail settings here: Mail Settings Lookup first and attempt to add the account back with the information we provide on the website using the steps here: Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

Take care!

Jan 20, 2021 5:23 AM in response to judysings

Hi judysings, thanks for the instructions. This is what I have been doing over the last few days but I tried it again making sure I was doing very step however when I request to verify account I am still getting an error Cannot Connect Using SSL so you want to try setting the account without SSL? From what I have read it is not a good idea to set up without. Telstra my service provider have come back to me and said they have had several other people with iphones with the same issue and they believe something in the latest IOS update has caused the problem. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jan 20, 2021 11:11 AM in response to oliverrat

oliverrat,

Thanks for the information. Were you able to look up the mail settings from our website and try using those specific steps? If so, have you asked for the specific email settings from your email provider to try the steps with the information they provided? If you have already done both, then please reach out to our support team for further assistance here: Get Support

Have a great day!

email not working on iphone (works on PC)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.