Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil 1st generation

I purchased an Apple Pencil last week direct from apple and arrived the next day. Unfortunately it wouldn’t charge or pair with my iPad. I contacted support and where helpful but to start with the wanted to send it back as a repair which I wasn’t happy about as it was new out of the box. They have sent me a another one today and for me to send back the faulty pencil.

my question is have they sent me a refurbished pencil and not a new one??

it arrived today from ups in a plain apple box (no logo) No information inside, no tip or adapter nothing just the pencil it a white box.

should I contact them again? I would go the shop if it was open.

don’t know what to do now.

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 8:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 8:29 AM

As Apple Pencils are sealed - and cannot be opened or repaired without completely destroying the Pencil - it is very unlikely that you will have received a refurbished item.

Simply test the replacement Pencil with your iPad.

Here is Apple’s guide for pairing and using the Apple Pencil:

Connect Apple Pencil with your iPad - Apple Support

If still having difficulties, here is one of the better troubleshooting guides for the Apple Pencil that may be helpful in working through common issues:

https://appletoolbox.com/apple-pencil-not-working-heres-our-troubleshooting-guide/

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2021 8:29 AM in response to Claire-2020

As Apple Pencils are sealed - and cannot be opened or repaired without completely destroying the Pencil - it is very unlikely that you will have received a refurbished item.

Simply test the replacement Pencil with your iPad.

Here is Apple’s guide for pairing and using the Apple Pencil:

Connect Apple Pencil with your iPad - Apple Support

If still having difficulties, here is one of the better troubleshooting guides for the Apple Pencil that may be helpful in working through common issues:

https://appletoolbox.com/apple-pencil-not-working-heres-our-troubleshooting-guide/

Apple Pencil 1st generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.