Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch bar/Control Strip is not glitchy after downloading Pock Widget

Hi there,

I downloaded the 3rd Party software Pock to customize my touch bar, and at first, I couldn't the software to work, I'm assuming because it said it was for Catalina 10.15 and I'm running Big Sur 11.1. I eventually deleted it only to find out that the right side of the touch bar widget, where Siri and volume usually would be, was completely gone. In fact, the touch bar has been wonky ever since.

I called customer service to help but their troubleshooting solutions didn't work. I tried using a time machine to restore a backup that I made, and then reinstall Big Sur onto the computer, but still is wonky.

Please Help!

Thanks

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 10:11 AM

5 replies

Jan 18, 2021 10:28 AM in response to SaltandLight513

SaltandLight513 wrote:

Hi there,

I downloaded the 3rd Party software Pock to customize my touch bar, and at first, I couldn't the software to work, I'm assuming because it said it was for Catalina 10.15 and I'm running Big Sur 11.1. I eventually deleted it only to find out that the right side of the touch bar widget, where Siri and volume usually would be, was completely gone. In fact, the touch bar has been wonky ever since.

I called customer service to help but their troubleshooting solutions didn't work. I tried using a time machine to restore a backup that I made, and then reinstall Big Sur onto the computer, but still is wonky.

Hmm...Why not state what all you tried already (?)

So we play a game of whack-O-mole here:

Try resetting the SMC https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295

if no resolve—

Try resetting NVRAM/PRAM http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1379

Customize the Touch Bar on Mac - Apple Support

Touch bar/Control Strip is not glitchy after downloading Pock Widget

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.