Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Netflix and Apple TV

Recently I have been getting an error on Netflix shows saying it can't load the content and you have to try again. Netflix error -11800. After researching the issue I have performed the following:

1. Unplugged the Apple TV (14.2 18K561) and Samsung TV for over 2 minutes and plugged back in
  2. Removed and reloaded Netflix App
  3. Contacted my cable modem/wifi router provide to ensure that I didn't have any DNS conflicts or resolution issues.

None of these recommended fixes work and it's still an issue. Every, and I repeat, every other app on the Apple TV works fine. I believe this is an issue with the latest upgrade. I have seen this repeated in several forum questions. Anyone have an answer?

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2021 4:21 AM

Netflix is quite clear about -11800 being about DNS resolving. Netflix Error -11800 - Netflix Help Center

Set your Apple TV to use Auto DNS, which means it gets that information from your router. Set your router to use your ISP’s default DNS.

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 19, 2021 5:28 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Both of those are default settings (I verified on both devices again just to be sure), so I don't believe that is the issue. And as I mentioned I contacted my internet provider (Spectrum) to ensure there weren't any DNS resolution issues on their end. I have reviewed Netflix's support page and contacted their support team. This is still an open issue.

Mar 3, 2021 1:59 AM in response to fdb1975

I have very similar problem. Sometimes, I can play whole movie, sometimes (most of the time), it shows the 118000 error while playing every 5-10 min. However, when I play it on iPhone, iMac or directly from Samsung TV, it works with no problem. So the problem is not DNS since all devices uses the same DNS.

Netflix and Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.