Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio

I have a problem with Mac mini with M1 chip. The external microphone, Blue Yeti connected to Mac mini vis USB-cable, picks up the audio from the internal speaker built in Mac mini. when I am in an online meeting, the microphone catches the audio from the Mac that is being played on my computer. Is this normal? It does not happen to Windows computer.

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 20, 2021 8:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 12:49 AM

Needyoursupportnow Said:

Okay. then why doesn't it happen to windows computer or even the iPad?"

-------

Edit: I recommend using a headset with noise - cancellation

MacOS itself is the Culprit:

So, being its own computer, it is probably audio settings of the macOS itself. If you use third-party audio software, then contact its develop for feedback from them on this as well.

How to Fix This:

A. Try Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to tfix issues

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode:  [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart; your Mac
  5. Log in: as same user

See if this now works

B. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for sound) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

C. Try Another User:

Create a new administrator user, and see if you get this error. If you do, then it is likely an issue of the macOS as a whole. If you do not get this issue, then is it likely an issue with the users your are using while reporting this.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 12:49 AM in response to Needyoursupportnow

Needyoursupportnow Said:

Okay. then why doesn't it happen to windows computer or even the iPad?"

-------

Edit: I recommend using a headset with noise - cancellation

MacOS itself is the Culprit:

So, being its own computer, it is probably audio settings of the macOS itself. If you use third-party audio software, then contact its develop for feedback from them on this as well.

How to Fix This:

A. Try Safe Mode:

In Safe Mode, login items do not run, and corrupt system files(i.e. caches) are intentionally reset as a way to tfix issues

1. Boot: in to Safe Mode:  [Hold Down: shift key upon boot].
  2. Log in: as same user
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Restart; your Mac
  5. Log in: as same user

See if this now works

B. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for sound) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

C. Try Another User:

Create a new administrator user, and see if you get this error. If you do, then it is likely an issue of the macOS as a whole. If you do not get this issue, then is it likely an issue with the users your are using while reporting this.

Jan 21, 2021 12:14 AM in response to Needyoursupportnow

Needyoursupportnow Said:

"audio: I have a problem with Mac mini with M1 chip. The external microphone, Blue Yeti connected to Mac mini vis USB-cable, picks up the audio from the internal speaker built in Mac mini. when I am in an online meeting, the microphone catches the audio from the Mac that is being played on my computer. Is this normal? It does not happen to Windows computer."

-------

I recommend using a headset with noise-calculation.

Which is the Scenario as of this Reply:

• Two Separate Apps:

If two different apps are open, one using the microphone, and one using the speaker, then yes this is normal. That seems to be the scenario taking place here.

• Mute Audio Input:

If you want to avoid external sound, just mute it, where ever you need to speak.

• Noise-Cancellation:

Use a device made for both - a headset, with the builtin feature of noise-cancellation to voice background music.

audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.