Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wake-up alarm not working on Apple Watch Series 6

I have the latest watchOS (7.2) installed on my Apple Watch Series 6 and the current iOS (14.3) on my iPhone 11. I have searched the web and these community forums for answers, have tried the recommendations I've found, and yet my wake-up alarm only goes off on my iPhone, and not my watch. It seems many people have the opposite problem, but I would like my watch to vibrate, make sound (Early Riser), and give me the option to hit snooze, which it does not.

I have rebooted the phone and watch numerous times, with no change in behavior. I have deleted and added new sleep schedules, both from within the Health app on the iPhone and on the watch itself. It does not matter where the schedule is created (Apple Watch or iPhone), the wake-up alarm only sounds on my iPhone.

I'm hoping someone can help me resolve this; it's not the end of the world but a bit annoying and not the way all documentation suggests the watch should behave. Here are what I think are the relative settings on my Apple Watch:

• "Push Alerts from iPhone" is set on
  • "Track Sleep with Apple Watch" is set on
  • "Wake Up Alarm" is set on
  • "Snooze" capability is set on
  • "Nightstand Mode" is set off
  • Sounds & Haptics are all on, ("Silent mode" set off)

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 11:15 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 21, 2021 11:52 AM in response to Randy-12

It is on my wrist and unlocked when I go to bed, although I do have to unlock it if I wake up in the middle of the night and want to check something other than the time. I've always assumed that's because Sleep Mode is set to Turn On Automatically as is Wind Down (45 minutes). The notes indicate turning sleep mode on automatically will put the watch and iphone into Do Not Disturb mode during the sleep duration.

Jan 22, 2021 5:18 AM in response to Randy-12

I changed the "solo loop" band last night, replacing it with the normal sports band. The alarm went off on the watch this morning. I did have to get up a little earlier than normal today, so I also changed the wake-up time. Since I've edited schedules in the past without any impact, I don't think this is the reason for the change, but I'll leave the sports band on and see what happens tomorrow morning.

I think you may have solved my problem with your suggestion about making sure the watch is tight enough!

Wake-up alarm not working on Apple Watch Series 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.