Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot log into Apple TV gen 4.

I cannot log into my 4th gen Apple TV. Below the Apple logo is the following: ***@gmail.com is part of this Apple TV's home. To remove ****@gmail.com from this Apple TV, remove them from the home or change their settings using the Home app on IOS. Please explain what this means. All I want to do is login to my Apple TV so I can remove the need for a password. Is there a phone number to call Apple support? Thanks, Alan

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 3:37 AM

remove the need for a password.

Removing the need for a password will allow one-click purchases without authentication. The iTunes Store welcomes your expected intensified purchases.

You don’t need to remove an account to change that setting.

Set password requirements for purchases - Apple TV user guide - Apple Support

If you want to call the Apple Support staff, then see this list: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2021 3:37 AM in response to airubin13

remove the need for a password.

Removing the need for a password will allow one-click purchases without authentication. The iTunes Store welcomes your expected intensified purchases.

You don’t need to remove an account to change that setting.

Set password requirements for purchases - Apple TV user guide - Apple Support

If you want to call the Apple Support staff, then see this list: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Cannot log into Apple TV gen 4.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.