Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A loading circle in upper left corner

There is a constant loading circle on the upper left corner of my iPhone. I have already checked for updates, cleared all my apps, stopped sharing my location, turned my iPhone off and back on, and now I don’t know what to do. This is on the IPhone SE gen 2

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 3:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 12:41 PM

Hi Shebyly,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We can definitely understanding needing to know what the different symbols on your iPhone mean. This particular symbol means that there is network activity. You'll see this anytime your iPhone is connected to your Wi-Fi or cellular network and it loading. For example, it looks like you are in Safari in this screenshot, that would be a reason for network activity since your device is being used to search the web.

Check out the different symbols you may see on your iPhone here: Status icons and symbols on your iPhone.

Hope that helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 12:41 PM in response to Shebyly

Hi Shebyly,

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities. We can definitely understanding needing to know what the different symbols on your iPhone mean. This particular symbol means that there is network activity. You'll see this anytime your iPhone is connected to your Wi-Fi or cellular network and it loading. For example, it looks like you are in Safari in this screenshot, that would be a reason for network activity since your device is being used to search the web.

Check out the different symbols you may see on your iPhone here: Status icons and symbols on your iPhone.

Hope that helps!

Jan 28, 2021 8:21 AM in response to Shebyly

Shebyly,

It will show as long as there is network activity, such as apps the connect to your network refreshing. Does this happen if you are connected to your cellular network as well? Let's enable AirPlane mode with Wi-Fi off and cellular data set to off to confirm this is happening due to the network. You can also go through your list of Apps that have Background App refresh turned on and turn off the ones you don't need. You can do this by going to Settings > General > Background app refresh.

You can also check your Mail settings and change how often your new emails are being retrieved. You can go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Fetch New Data.

This would be expected behavior if the symbol stops after turning on AirPlane mode since this mode stops all network activity.

Take care!

A loading circle in upper left corner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.