Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Got a Versace Laptop Add On - Should I Use it?

Google Search Queue: versace leather macbook pro.

I was at a Goodwill, and saw a Versace laptop case. Picked it up for a good 5 bucks. But, I wonder if it would be worth it, or would my MacBook Pro overheat?

It would be very tight, I'm sure. Leather can breath, of course, but not very well. It would be very awful, if my MacBook Pro were to overheat, that's for sure.

Any experiences with using one? Is it worth using it - or should I just let it sit aside?

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2021 4:15 PM

r_scheid Said:

"It sounds like it was kind of the same thing that I had. The only complaint I had was that the clips on all these clip on cases end up becoming brittle and breaking. I have since switched to using a case from Pad & Quill that is made from book binding material. Either way, the case you got will last you long enough that when it is time to get a new one the cost will justify the lifespan. :-)[...]"

-------

I'll give it a go for a couple of days, and see if heat comes about.

What I currently use gives me no issues: MOSISO MacBook Air 13 inch Case, PU Leather Laptop Sleeve Vintage Retro Zippered Book Folio Cover - Amazon I never have it power on while sitting in it. Heat isn't the only concern, though. Tightness is of concern too - so is it ever too tight?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2021 4:15 PM in response to r_scheid

r_scheid Said:

"It sounds like it was kind of the same thing that I had. The only complaint I had was that the clips on all these clip on cases end up becoming brittle and breaking. I have since switched to using a case from Pad & Quill that is made from book binding material. Either way, the case you got will last you long enough that when it is time to get a new one the cost will justify the lifespan. :-)[...]"

-------

I'll give it a go for a couple of days, and see if heat comes about.

What I currently use gives me no issues: MOSISO MacBook Air 13 inch Case, PU Leather Laptop Sleeve Vintage Retro Zippered Book Folio Cover - Amazon I never have it power on while sitting in it. Heat isn't the only concern, though. Tightness is of concern too - so is it ever too tight?

Jan 21, 2021 3:39 PM in response to r_scheid

r_scheid Said:

"If it is a clip on shell like in the first photo from your google search link then there isn't any problem with it. I had one on my last MacBook pro for 3 years with no issue."

-------

Thank you for the quick reply - that is what it looks like - slim sleek - a nice look. 3 years is quite a long time. Good to know that it has worked. My Mac is much more than what the case goes for, that's for sure. My coverage ends towards the end of the year.

Jan 21, 2021 4:32 PM in response to TheLittles

It sounds like it was kind of the same thing that I had. The only complaint I had was that the clips on all these clip on cases end up becoming brittle and breaking. I have since switched to using a case from Pad & Quill that is made from book binding material. Either way, the case you got will last you long enough that when it is time to get a new one the cost will justify the lifespan. :-)

[Edited by Moderator]

Got a Versace Laptop Add On - Should I Use it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.