Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alpine iLX-W650e CarPlay and iPhone 11/6/5s

I installed an alpine iLX-w650e into my 150 Toyota Prado late last year and have issues with Apple CarPlay. I can connect my iPhone 11 via CarPlay and have issue with terrible static when on a phone call and the person on the other end can barely hear me. When also on a call and if I receive a text message the notification sound is all distorted and the notification on the alpine screen is all glitchy. I have also connected iPhone 6 and 5s and it doesn’t work properly. The alpine screen is very slow and doesn’t work.

if I hook the iPhones up to Bluetooth it all works perfectly.

I haven’t tried any other iPhones nor any android phones (to try android auto) but CarPlay says it’s compatible from iPhone 5.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2021 10:07 AM

Hi dlking81,

It sounds like your car stereo is having issues with the audio quality when using Apple CarPlay while connected to the cable, however, with a Bluetooth connection the sound is clear. Making sure you can use the CarPlay features of your stereo and have a clear connection and hear the media you play. We're happy to help.

When connected using the cable is it an Apple approved cable as shown in the set up steps below.

Connect iPhone to CarPlay

If you continue to have issues the resource here will offer some help with as well.

If you need help with CarPlay 

We hope this helps. Have a good day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 25, 2021 10:07 AM in response to dlking81

Hi dlking81,

It sounds like your car stereo is having issues with the audio quality when using Apple CarPlay while connected to the cable, however, with a Bluetooth connection the sound is clear. Making sure you can use the CarPlay features of your stereo and have a clear connection and hear the media you play. We're happy to help.

When connected using the cable is it an Apple approved cable as shown in the set up steps below.

Connect iPhone to CarPlay

If you continue to have issues the resource here will offer some help with as well.

If you need help with CarPlay 

We hope this helps. Have a good day!

Alpine iLX-W650e CarPlay and iPhone 11/6/5s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.