Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting Itunes backup

Yesterday was my daughter’s birthday,I wanted a specific picture (to post on my whatsapp status) which was no longer on the phone but saved up on pc. I tried uploading the pic onto my cloud but had trouble with connection so I decided to upload it via itunes from pc to phone. My automatic sync is off so it had to restart syncing. Problem is I use a windows pc with 2 hdds.

primary is 80 gig secondary is 2tb.

the sync took my primary from 60 gigs of free space to 6 gigs of free space.

this is the exact reason why I switched off auto sync on iTunes because it would take up space & I don’t need a bigger hdd.

I tried uninstalling iTunes hoping all sync history & data will be deleted but to no avail I’ve even tried tracing it on the pc still nothing.

I went through this once & I eventually decided to format windows and re install it this time I have no desire to do that.

Any ideas how I can solve this issue?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 22, 2021 9:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 7:08 AM

Deleting iTunes doesn't delete any backups or library you might have. This means you can potentially remove and reinstall iTunes to fix any issues with the application. See Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support to locate the ..\MobileSync\Backup folder that was created if you want to remove it manually.

tt2

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 23, 2021 7:08 AM in response to NationSA

Deleting iTunes doesn't delete any backups or library you might have. This means you can potentially remove and reinstall iTunes to fix any issues with the application. See Locate backups of your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support to locate the ..\MobileSync\Backup folder that was created if you want to remove it manually.

tt2

Jan 23, 2021 5:01 AM in response to NationSA

Edit > Preferences > Devices > Select backup > Delete Backup.

On your device set up iCloud backup. Once that is enabled syncing with iTunes won't attempt to perform a local backup.

See Relocate iOS device backups for a way to move the iOS backup data to a different drive. Note that iTunes still checks the free space available on the system drive, so if your backup is 54Gb and the free space on the system drive is less than that then it would fail to backup or restore.

Review the rest of the Make a split library portable user tip for advice on organizing the library on secondary storage if it isn't there already.

tt2

Deleting Itunes backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.