You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disk Space fills up to quickly.

So my imac went from 90 GB of free space to 240 MB within a 3 day period. How the heck did this fill up so fast? No downloads within the 3 day period. Has anyone had this happen? Below are the specs.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 23, 2021 3:27 AM

3 replies

Jan 26, 2021 11:17 AM in response to Jordan Canada

Hi Jordan Canada,

I believe we need to proceed with an EtreCheck report. EtreCheck is a useful app to diagnose issues, both hardware and software. It is trusted by many users. Please follow the steps outlined below:

1. Go to the Mac App Store and search for "EtreCheck."
  2. Download it. It is a free and trusted app; as it is on the Mac App Store, and only trusted apps can be submitted.
  3. Run the report, and put it in a post, as seen here - https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-250000211

You should also run First Aid - How to repair a Mac disk with Disk Utility - Apple Support

I think that you should also run Apple Diagnostics -  Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac - Apple Support

Please post results of both!

Cheers,

Jack

Jan 26, 2021 11:12 AM in response to Leanne_68

Yah no i just dont want to leave this blank in case someone has the same question. icloud comes with 5gb of space and 90gb on my iMac got taken up in less than a day with no new installs and downloads. just wanted to make sure that was clear. something icloud cant take care of without additional purchase of space on a 3.11 TB disk this is odd.

Disk Space fills up to quickly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.