Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV+

I just bought a new MacBook Pro and was told I could have one year free of Apple TV+. All I need to do — I'm told — is open the TV app and I'll be offered the trial. But all I'm being offered is 7 days free then £4.99 a month. Tried everything but can't find this one-year option. Any suggestions?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 2:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 10:07 AM

However, it's asking for a redemption code (and a gift card), which I don't have.

That shouldn’t happen. The offer requires an active Apple ID account with personal details and a valid payment method. The One Year Offer isn’t redeemed with redemption codes. It is done with device ID and user account ID.

If you qualify, and if you did as described in the guide, and you still do not get to see the year offer, then contact Apple Support. They can assist in getting you the service, if needed using activation codes.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 24, 2021 10:07 AM in response to essceejay

However, it's asking for a redemption code (and a gift card), which I don't have.

That shouldn’t happen. The offer requires an active Apple ID account with personal details and a valid payment method. The One Year Offer isn’t redeemed with redemption codes. It is done with device ID and user account ID.

If you qualify, and if you did as described in the guide, and you still do not get to see the year offer, then contact Apple Support. They can assist in getting you the service, if needed using activation codes.

Jan 24, 2021 7:42 AM in response to essceejay

Be sure to sign in to the TV app (menu account), as the offer is tied to the account. The year offer may not show when not signed in to the app.

- You have to redeem the offer as the first user of the new Apple device.

- You have to redeem the offer within the first three months.

- You can redeem the offer when the new device is purchased from Apple or an Apple authorized reseller.

Apple TV+ one year offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

Apple TV+ one year offer - Apple

Apple TV+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.