Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes on pc & autofill music on iphone

itunes keeps autofill music on my iphone 7. I have "manually manage music" checked device summary page in itunes & the "prevent ipods, iphones, &ipads from syncing automatically" option check in device preferences. However when I delete songs from the iphone itunes will start automatically coping / autofilling songs to the iphone. I'd like this to stop so that I can delete a bunch of songs then manually add new ones I want. Seems like itunes isn't looking at/obeying/caring about settings. What else do I need to do?

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 10:16 AM

Grey dotted circles...

Try iTunes > Preferences > Devices > Reset Sync History and then try syncing once more.

If that hasn't helped try signing out of the iTunes Store on the device and then try again.

Otherwise see this post on erratic syncing.

tt2

2 replies

Jan 24, 2021 8:41 AM in response to ts1520

It looks like itunes wants to fill in "missing" songs on the iphone i.e. the songs with gray dotted circles in the left hand column. I'd like it NOT to do this automagically. What else do I need to do to not have it do this? I could delete them on the iphones but I'd like to see which ones are missing before I do that.

Is there a solution for this?

itunes on pc & autofill music on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.