You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Canon 9000F scanner. Is there any software on my MacOC Big Sur that can be updated?

I have a Canon 9000F scanner. Is there any software on my MacOC Big Sur that can be updated?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 8:39 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 24, 2021 8:45 AM

You won't find any Canon software supporting this aging scanner on Big Sur. However, the paid, 64-bit VueScan Professional application (which you can trial) does support this scanner without any Canon software or driver dependency.

5 replies

Jan 31, 2021 7:57 AM in response to Down in Desert

If you go to Canon's website, you need to download three things to get your 9000F working with macOS Big Sur:

• ICA Driver 4.1.4a (select "macOS High Sierra 10.13" from the dropdown)
  • 9000F Scanner Driver Ver.16.1.0b (Mac) - also under High Sierra 10.13
  • IJ Scan Utility Lite Ver.3.3.0 (Mac) ... go to a newer multifunction like the Canon TR8520 and download from the Software tab

Launch Canon IJ Scan Utility Lite and hit the "refresh" button in the upper-right and you will see the Canon 9000F appear under Big Sur.

Jan 31, 2021 8:05 AM in response to Down in Desert

Down in Desert Said:

"driverI have Cane 9000F Scanner. Is there any software on myMacOC Big Sur that can be update?

———-

Chat with Canon Support:

Go Here: Canon Maintenance Service — Canon Support - Perform a chat with the Manufacturer (Canon). See what they (The Manufacturer) have to say, about troubleshooting this. They would most-likely have firsthand knowledge of this.

So, I insist: Chat, and find out if there is any luck. There might be something out there to use on behalf of Canon.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.