Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Passwords & Accounts

I share an Apple ID with 3 iPads that my children use. I use and save my passwords on my iPhone so they can be seen on the iPads as well. On my iPhone, these are protected by my Face ID. However, on the iPads, they aren’t protected at all. The kids and anyone who gets a hold of their iPad can see my passwords. Is there a way to either remove them from those iPads or password protect them?

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 7:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 10:30 AM

Outside of Educational environments, iPad and iPhone are intended to be single-user devices.

You should each have your own AppleID - as using a shared AppleID has implications for privacy and unintentional data sharing. There are many good reasons to keep your digital identities entirely separate:

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

Should you wish to do so, you can continue to share Apps, Services, Purchases and Subscriptions using the Family Sharing features.

Family Sharing - Apple

What is Family Sharing? – Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

Sharing an AppleID between users is a very bad idea. Sooner or later, you’re going to encounter data loss, account lockout or compromise of sensitive data.

If you are sharing an AppleID, whilst you might consider disabling Keychain to “hide” your passwords - it is trivial to re-enable. You’ll have similar issues with Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Notes, Messages etc.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2021 10:30 AM in response to Rigby20

Outside of Educational environments, iPad and iPhone are intended to be single-user devices.

You should each have your own AppleID - as using a shared AppleID has implications for privacy and unintentional data sharing. There are many good reasons to keep your digital identities entirely separate:

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

Should you wish to do so, you can continue to share Apps, Services, Purchases and Subscriptions using the Family Sharing features.

Family Sharing - Apple

What is Family Sharing? – Apple Support

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

Sharing an AppleID between users is a very bad idea. Sooner or later, you’re going to encounter data loss, account lockout or compromise of sensitive data.

If you are sharing an AppleID, whilst you might consider disabling Keychain to “hide” your passwords - it is trivial to re-enable. You’ll have similar issues with Contacts, Calendars, Reminders, Notes, Messages etc.

Passwords & Accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.