Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

share my passwords in my absence

How can I share all my passwords (in iCloud Keychain) with someone in case something happens to me?

Keychain requires Face Id... so if I´m no longer around or something happens to my phone how can other family members access my passwords?

iPhone 12

Posted on May 24, 2022 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2022 8:37 PM

totisplace Said:

"share my passwords in my absence: How can I share all my passwords (in iCloud Keychain) with someone in case something happens to me? Keychain requires Face Id... so if I´m no longer around or something happens to my phone how can other family members access my passwords?"

-------

Sharing your Keychain:

Don't share your passwords. It's unwise to do so. If something were to "happen to you", have your family member(s) perform the following...

Managing a Deceased Family Member's Device:

Transfer Ownership:

1. Transfer ownership of your son's Apple Account to whomever's account.* If his device were synced with iCloud, then you may be able to get it from is iCloud Drive, rather than directly from a device.
  2. Contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get the info.

* Go Here: How to Request Access to a Deceased Family Member's Apple Account - Apple Supporte

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 24, 2022 8:37 PM in response to totisplace

totisplace Said:

"share my passwords in my absence: How can I share all my passwords (in iCloud Keychain) with someone in case something happens to me? Keychain requires Face Id... so if I´m no longer around or something happens to my phone how can other family members access my passwords?"

-------

Sharing your Keychain:

Don't share your passwords. It's unwise to do so. If something were to "happen to you", have your family member(s) perform the following...

Managing a Deceased Family Member's Device:

Transfer Ownership:

1. Transfer ownership of your son's Apple Account to whomever's account.* If his device were synced with iCloud, then you may be able to get it from is iCloud Drive, rather than directly from a device.
  2. Contact Apple Support, seeing if you can get the info.

* Go Here: How to Request Access to a Deceased Family Member's Apple Account - Apple Supporte

share my passwords in my absence

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.