Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV and You Tube

Anyone notice the change in You Tube Home Screen through Apple TV? News and music has been removed and you cannot use the Apple TV remote for voice activated searches. Any ideas for a fix appreciated.

Posted on Jan 28, 2021 8:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 29, 2021 6:33 AM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

YouTube is free to modify their app, even if that means a few features are lost in the process. There may not be a fix, other than what the YouTube app development team is willing to do.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 29, 2021 6:33 AM in response to 1974C

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

YouTube is free to modify their app, even if that means a few features are lost in the process. There may not be a fix, other than what the YouTube app development team is willing to do.

How to contact an app developer - Apple Support

Jan 29, 2021 7:08 AM in response to 1974C

the youtube app on my Samsung tv has all the features...news, music, etc.

Maybe YouTube made a Samsung edition version of their app with additional features?

I don’t recall News and Music being featured on the home screen of the YouTube app, but then again I have other sources of news and music, so I may have overlooked some features that I wouldn’t use anyway.

Apple TV and You Tube

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.