Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri can't find names including Turkish letter in it

Hi,

Siri can't find names including Turkish letter in it. This issue started from ios 14.3 update and still goes on ios 14.4

Deleting Siri dictation history, resetting iPhone or only network settings, turning off and deleting icloud back up of contacts and turning on back.

None of suggested solutions above doesn't work.

Here is the Turkish post. Dozen of people having this problem: Siri rehberde bazı kişileri bulamıyor - Apple Community

We did reported this issue to Turkish Apple care months ago but they couldn't solve.

It is very very important to be able to call anyone while driving or for a disabled person.

Only when you change iphone language from Turkish to English Siri can find names correctly. What a silly bug.

Here is the screenshot that Siri says she can't find the name because "ğ" is a Turkish letter.

iPhone 8

Posted on Jan 30, 2021 2:46 AM

8 replies

Apr 5, 2021 2:35 PM in response to Erhan_M

Hi everyone

Aynı problemi bende yaşıyorum sorun türkçe karakterlerden kaynaklı

Firtable sorry for bad english

ios 14.4.2 has a Siri Turkish character problem. Characters are Ö, Ş, Ü, Ğ, İ, Ç. When you say siri call example “Resul Taş” says don’t found in contacts but i have contact with this name. İf i say siri call “Resul” siri can find. Please help us. Also same problem with apple watch too

Siri can't find names including Turkish letter in it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.