You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot delete apps from my iPhone XR. There is no menu that shows up, no "-" , no "x" or anything when I access the home screen edit.

How can I delete apps from my iPhone XR when there is no menu that shows up, no "-" , no "x" or anything when I access the home screen edit.

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 6:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2021 10:17 AM

Hi jbfrost,

We understand that you're currently unable to remove apps from your iPhone, and we'd like to help. To clarify, are you not seeing the option to remove the app at all when you press and hold on it? The article below shows how we would normally expect the function to work:

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you aren't seeing any option to remove the app, it's possible that restrictions or a profile have been enabled on the iPhone to prevent apps from being removed. Here's how to determine if restrictions have been enabled:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 3, 2021 10:17 AM in response to jbfrost

Hi jbfrost,

We understand that you're currently unable to remove apps from your iPhone, and we'd like to help. To clarify, are you not seeing the option to remove the app at all when you press and hold on it? The article below shows how we would normally expect the function to work:

How to delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you aren't seeing any option to remove the app, it's possible that restrictions or a profile have been enabled on the iPhone to prevent apps from being removed. Here's how to determine if restrictions have been enabled:

Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Have a great day!

I cannot delete apps from my iPhone XR. There is no menu that shows up, no "-" , no "x" or anything when I access the home screen edit.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.