Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems dragging folders/apps from one space to another. Mac mini M1, Big Sur

Hey all,

I'm been using Macs for decades but only recently started using spaces to keep dedicated areas for different tasks. BUT... I've been having problems with dragging windows from one space to another. I can still open Mission dealio and drag the folder/app up to switch but, that gets annoying.

I was sure that you could pull to the side and it would switch from one space to another. Right? Did I click some option to turn this off? Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure it's a simple fix.

Mac mini M1

Bir Sur (latest)

Attached Wacom Cintiq Pro

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 1:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 9:19 PM

haha... Well, I've figured out a bit of a work around. I've installed Magnet to keep my windows organized, so that gets rid of the ability to push screens to the top. Instead, I created a hot corner (which I previously thought were too finicky, until I found out the you could pair them with a key like command+corner) that can open it up and I can hop around from there. Loads of learning today! As soon as Apple fixes the bluetooth M1 issues, I'll be a real happy camper.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 9:19 PM in response to Barney-15E

haha... Well, I've figured out a bit of a work around. I've installed Magnet to keep my windows organized, so that gets rid of the ability to push screens to the top. Instead, I created a hot corner (which I previously thought were too finicky, until I found out the you could pair them with a key like command+corner) that can open it up and I can hop around from there. Loads of learning today! As soon as Apple fixes the bluetooth M1 issues, I'll be a real happy camper.

Problems dragging folders/apps from one space to another. Mac mini M1, Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.