Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

alarm clock crashes when I try to add an alarm

Hi. My alarm clock doesn't allow me to add a new alarm ou edit one. It simply crashes (minimizes the clock) when I push the + or the EDIT. Also in the calendar, when I try to add an event in any day, when I try to choose the hour, it crashes.

Can someone help me? Thanks.

I have an iPhone XR, but in my son's SE and my wife's 7 Plus it's happening too...

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 1, 2021 4:34 PM

60 replies

Feb 6, 2021 9:45 AM in response to Rabihkrm

Hello and thank you, it really works.

Although, there must be an iOS error, because it doesn't make sense.

I just turned off the automatic time and set the location to London, Lisbon, Madrid, and it always worked.

If I turn off the automatic time but set the location to my actual location, it simply doesn't work.

Strange, isn't it?

The automatic time function and the location are causing the error, so Apple should correct this asap.

It is completely stupid...

Feb 6, 2021 1:55 PM in response to Dory-k

LOL, I'm in the Azores Islands (in the middle of the north atlantic ocean). That said, I bought na iPhone so I could have a phone that would work well and would answer to my needs.

This is intended to work properly. It doesn't make sense (to me) that I have to fool my iPhone so that my alarm clock and calendar work!

It's ridiculous.

Adding to that, I now have to turn off the automatic time, so, when I travel, I have to, manually, set the time.

Do you think this makes sense in 2021?

I don't.

Peace and health for everyone. Stay safe.

(pardon me for my lousy english)

Mar 29, 2021 2:13 AM in response to JoeHannouch

Indeed Beirut time zone is the issue here, just like anything else that is happening to our beloved country.

You can use Jerusalem time zone instead so you don’t have an issue with daylight savings etc..

It’s a shame that after all these complaints, Apple Support are not doing anything about it and letting their users guess a work around. Makes you wonder why you pay the big dollars for an iPhone.. I may have to study other options in the next phone upgrade.

Shame on you Apple! This issue was flagged you a while back, so no excuses here..

alarm clock crashes when I try to add an alarm

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.