Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Health dropped to 89% in 8 months, normal?

I've had my Iphone 11 for 8 months now and my battery health is at 89%. I don't notice anything in performance and my screen time is around 4/5 hours a day at its max. Is this normal or is there any way I can slow down the proces? Is this a sign that I will probably need to replace my battery in the 1 year warranty time period or is this a faulty battery?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 2, 2021 11:22 AM

Hi, you've come to the right place to look for answers, and I'd be happy to provide some insights!

It's normal for an iPhone battery to drop to 90% in the first 12 months of usage. A drop to 89% in 8 months is slightly abnormal but could make sense. I don't think you have a faulty battery but you should follow the following tips to prevent it from dropping fast.

• Makes sure you don't level your phone in extreme hot or cold environments. An example would be in a car in the summer. Heat can degrade the battery very fast.
  • Try not to let your phone die. If it's about to die, power it off until you can charge it.
  • Limit notification sounds and vibrations because these things eat at the day to day battery life (not long term).

Those are my main suggestions. Refer to this article for more: https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/.

I hope this helped, and remember that the battery is the fastest degrading part on a phone so after a couple of years it's normal to get it replaced.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 2, 2021 11:22 AM in response to chels1399

Hi, you've come to the right place to look for answers, and I'd be happy to provide some insights!

It's normal for an iPhone battery to drop to 90% in the first 12 months of usage. A drop to 89% in 8 months is slightly abnormal but could make sense. I don't think you have a faulty battery but you should follow the following tips to prevent it from dropping fast.

• Makes sure you don't level your phone in extreme hot or cold environments. An example would be in a car in the summer. Heat can degrade the battery very fast.
  • Try not to let your phone die. If it's about to die, power it off until you can charge it.
  • Limit notification sounds and vibrations because these things eat at the day to day battery life (not long term).

Those are my main suggestions. Refer to this article for more: https://www.apple.com/batteries/maximizing-performance/.

I hope this helped, and remember that the battery is the fastest degrading part on a phone so after a couple of years it's normal to get it replaced.

Battery Health dropped to 89% in 8 months, normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.