Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WatchOS 7.3 affecting battery life and functionality

After an automatic update to watchOS 7.3, I started my day at 7am with 100% battery. Walked less than half a mile and didn’t touch my watch, until I got a notification at 9:30am that my watch battery was down to 10%. Multiple times I have restarted watched but nothing has worked, and now, my watch freezes anytime I even slightly change the interface by clicking ANYWHERE. I have the Apple Watch series 5 and my watch is only 1.5 years old. I’m disappointed at how glitchy my watch is. Can Apple come out with an update to help fix whatever is causing extreme battery drainage??

Apple Watch

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 3:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 5, 2021 4:47 PM

To understand Apple Watch performance and its relation to your battery, see:

Apple Watch - Battery - Apple

Apple Watch Battery and Performance - Apple Support

“Battery life” is the amount of time your device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time your battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. Maximize both and you’ll get the most out of your Apple devices, no matter which ones you own. See the "Tips for Apple Watch" section in:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Update 6.2.1 Battery Draining Too Quickly… - Apple Community

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 5, 2021 4:47 PM in response to Katmhodgson

To understand Apple Watch performance and its relation to your battery, see:

Apple Watch - Battery - Apple

Apple Watch Battery and Performance - Apple Support

“Battery life” is the amount of time your device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time your battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. Maximize both and you’ll get the most out of your Apple devices, no matter which ones you own. See the "Tips for Apple Watch" section in:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Update 6.2.1 Battery Draining Too Quickly… - Apple Community

Feb 9, 2021 12:20 AM in response to javaliga

I found something could be help someone meet problem with apple watch battery life in w.os: 7.4.

i have apple watch s4/44/nike version. I have tried so many way to fix error battery life is too short: change battery, re-pair with backup/new one. So i found that problem yesterday. In w.os 7.xx, after paired, a.w with sync every old data of devices which exist in health up. That is reason why battery was run out quickly. (You can found in health app -> profile-> device). So this way which workd to me:

1, up pair your apple watch

2, remove A.W on icloud

3, remove A.W in Bluetooth setting (if available)

4, remove every device which avalable in health app (exclude your iphone)

5, reset ip & A.W

6, pair as a new A.W.

that all i tried and now my A.W working properly.

i hope it could be help.

WatchOS 7.3 affecting battery life and functionality

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.