Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad screen lifting

my ipad screen is lifting up on the both of the bottom sides on my ipad near the home button. i’m not sure how i go about fixing this or whether i would need to take it in or if i can do anything at home about it.

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 3:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 4:08 AM

You have provided no details as to your iPad model - or its age. This information might inform the viability of seeking repair.

Regardless, this problem cannot be fixed at home. There are multiple potential causes, one of which being swelling of the Li-ion battery causing the screen to be displaced from the iPad chassis.

The root cause needs to be identified; if battery related, there may be a safety issue.

You would be best advised to take your iPad along to either the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - or an Apple Authorised Service Provider - where the technicians can ascertain the cause and offer appropriate advice.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2021 4:08 AM in response to caiden258

You have provided no details as to your iPad model - or its age. This information might inform the viability of seeking repair.

Regardless, this problem cannot be fixed at home. There are multiple potential causes, one of which being swelling of the Li-ion battery causing the screen to be displaced from the iPad chassis.

The root cause needs to be identified; if battery related, there may be a safety issue.

You would be best advised to take your iPad along to either the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store - or an Apple Authorised Service Provider - where the technicians can ascertain the cause and offer appropriate advice.

ipad screen lifting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.