📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Intelligence comes to iPhone, iPad, and Mac starting next month. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad kicking me out of Facebook Marketplace

New iPad 8th Generation keeps crashing after one minute of browsing in Facebook Marketplace. I know this has been an issue for people but I had hoped that having a new device would have had updates to address this problem. Are there any fixes that have worked for people?

Specifically, I browse in Marketplace, my iPad all of a sudden goes black with spinning circle then opens back up onto Facebook but kicked out of Marketplace.

Posted on Feb 6, 2021 8:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 6:52 PM

Hi there Jessedebi,

It sounds like your new iPad is displaying a spinning gear unexpectedly when browsing Facebook Marketplace. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities, and we can provide some guidance. 

To start, you'll want to be sure your iPad is running the latest software version, which is iPadOS 14.4. You can check which version it's running by going to Settings > General > About. To learn how to update your iPad, have a look at the support article below:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Next, you'll want to check the App Store for updates and install any that are available, including Facebook. This link provides instructions for updating your apps:

Update apps or use automatic downloads

If your iPad and all your apps are updated and this behavior persists, try the remaining steps here:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Afterwards, if your iPad still displays a black screen with a spinning gear, let us know if this only happens when accessing Facebook Marketplace or if you've noticed this happening when using other apps too. We'll take a closer look from there.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 8, 2021 6:52 PM in response to Jessedebi

Hi there Jessedebi,

It sounds like your new iPad is displaying a spinning gear unexpectedly when browsing Facebook Marketplace. We're glad you've joined us in Apple Support Communities, and we can provide some guidance. 

To start, you'll want to be sure your iPad is running the latest software version, which is iPadOS 14.4. You can check which version it's running by going to Settings > General > About. To learn how to update your iPad, have a look at the support article below:

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Next, you'll want to check the App Store for updates and install any that are available, including Facebook. This link provides instructions for updating your apps:

Update apps or use automatic downloads

If your iPad and all your apps are updated and this behavior persists, try the remaining steps here:

If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Afterwards, if your iPad still displays a black screen with a spinning gear, let us know if this only happens when accessing Facebook Marketplace or if you've noticed this happening when using other apps too. We'll take a closer look from there.

Cheers.

iPad kicking me out of Facebook Marketplace

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.