Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only one respective recipient shows only partial iMessages on iPhone 8 Plus

Computer: MacBook Pro (13-inch, Early 2011)

Updates: All compatible updates are done.

HD: 500 GB Solid State SATA Drive 200GB available.

Question: When clicked on "Messages" complete list of messages are shown for respective recipients on MacBook Pro, on iPhone 8 plus and iPad Pro, however only one respective recipients shows only partial messages on iPhone 8 Plus and iPad Pro?? any ideas??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 7, 2021 11:25 AM

15 replies

Feb 11, 2021 12:54 PM in response to BDAqua

old Messages on my MacBook Pro, MacBook Pro 13 early 2011 not syncing on iCloud , please see the attachment from iPhone 8+ and MacBook Pro 2011. Both messages are for the same person!

As you can see that that First Message on MacBook Pro, MacBook Pro 13 early 2011 IS 6/23/12, 11:20AM.

However the first message for same person on iPhone 8 plus is Friday Jan 1, 2021.

For privacy reasons, name and pictures of the subjects have been removed. I random check another user on both devices and this is the result. And as you can see that the date matches for the first messages that tells me that for some odd reason only subject-1 old messages from MacBook Pro early 2011 are not syncing if that make any sense!!!!

result matched, the configuration is same on both devices! iPhone 8 plus restored from latest iCloud backup, MacBook Pro restored from latest time machine backup!

Any ideas?????

Feb 9, 2021 3:58 PM in response to BDAqua

just to reiterate, on may MacBook Pro early 2011 the iMessages app configuration matches with iPhone 8 Plus iMessages app, new messages on either device show up perfectly however old iMessages from a specific date on MacBook Pro early 2011 are not syncing for one specific user on iCloud?

iOS version :14.4

macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6

Only one respective recipient shows only partial iMessages on iPhone 8 Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.