Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apps freeze on launch

For the last few weeks, a couple of apps occasionally refuse to launch for less than a minute. The problem occurs whether opening from the dock or the finder on my iMac, MBP but not (yet) on my MB Air.

When it does happen, everything momentarily freezes, I then get a pop up informing me I do not have permission (I am the admin and sole user), a crash report form then appears.

After this, everything is back to normal.

This mostly happens with Scrivener but it did with Chrome as well.

I spent some time with Scrivener support and we could not find either a cause or a solution.

It's an annoyance to be sure but as mentioned above, an occasional one. I prefer living with it than going off and poking around in Terminal or installing some "magical" app.

I have searched far and wide and found nothing about this particular problem.

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 8, 2021 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2021 5:28 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, JPSpins!

We understand you're having trouble launching a few apps as well as them showing you do not have permission to launch them. We'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Try the steps suggested here: If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 10, 2021 5:28 AM in response to JPSpins

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, JPSpins!

We understand you're having trouble launching a few apps as well as them showing you do not have permission to launch them. We'd be happy to provide information to help you address this.

Try the steps suggested here: If an app freezes or quits unexpectedly on Mac

Let us know the results.

Have a great day!

Apps freeze on launch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.