Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound on live photos suddenly stopped working?

Today, When I play a live photo, the sound won’t play. I’ve checked the sound on top left corner and it works with any other old video or music. The motion will go for the live picture but I can’t hear any sound. Is something changed?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Feb 9, 2021 9:14 PM

20 replies

Feb 11, 2021 6:07 PM in response to AbdulRaheem440

Hello AbdulRaheem440,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like you're having issues with Live Photos sound, and we'd be happy to look into this with you.

Do you have the sound turned off for your Live Photos? Please check the following link:

iPhone User Guide

Under: "Trim or mute a Live Photo"

Also, did you add any effects to the Live Photo? If so, please try to revert the Live Photo to the original:

Edit photos and videos on iPhone

Under: "Revert an edited photo"

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Feb 12, 2021 6:55 PM in response to AbdulRaheem440

Hello AbdulRaheem440,

Thanks for getting back to us with those additional details. We understand that downloaded Live Photos from TikTok stopped playing sound on your iPhone, and we'd be happy to get you pointed in the right direction to get some help.

In this specific situation, we'd recommend reaching out to the TikTok app developer for assistance with their app. You can reach out to them by following the steps in the following link:

How to contact an app developer

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities. Have a nice day.

Mar 7, 2021 5:06 PM in response to ranira

There’s a tiktok download on safari use it instead the tiktok usernames won’t show

it’s called tiktok downloader looks like this just copy the link for the video paste it and it’ll ask for a download 1,2,or3 just pick whichever one and look at the top corner for that blue circle and press on it the video will show than just save it to camera roll

Mar 7, 2021 5:07 PM in response to Yerster

There’s a tiktok download on safari use it instead the tiktok usernames won’t show

it’s called tiktok downloader looks like this just copy the link for the video paste it and it’ll ask for a download 1,2,or3 just pick whichever one and look at the top corner for that blue circle and press on it the video will show than just save it to camera roll

Feb 11, 2021 9:12 PM in response to Brian_P7

Hi Brian,

No the video is not on mute, i checked it on top let corner. It’s unmute and there’s no filter to the photo.

important thing to noitce: this is not a live photo i took from my iphone camera. I downloaded this live photo from tiktok. And then I click on edit and save as a video to convert live photo into video. Since 3 years for now, It worked all the all time with no issues. Yesterday, all of a sudden when i do the same process I stopped seeing the voice for the live photo download from tiktok.

Sound on live photos suddenly stopped working?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.