Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Any lightning cable stops working after weeks

Hey everyone,

at first I thought it is the cable I used but I figured out: after 2-4 weeks any (new!) cable stops charging or connecting my iPhone properly. It works for 1-2 seconds before connection gets lost. And obviously I do not understand the problem.

1. To me it seems, it can't be my iPhone 11, iOS 14.2, because some cables are still working. I also cleaned the lightning port of dust.
  2. I can hardly imagine it's the cable because up to now it has happened with 3 different ones, different brands, different stores, different everything, 2 of which were new. For the new ones it took 2-4 weeks until the problem occurred
  3. It is also not a matter of the device I use for charging. Right now it is happening with my MacBook Pro 2020 on all USB ports (with a USB-C to Lightning cable).

Any ideas or solutions? Would really appreciate it, I am super annoyed ...

Thanks!

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 7:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 8:38 AM

Use genuine cable --> Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories ...

Similar questions

2 replies

Any lightning cable stops working after weeks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.