Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you tell me why I am charged $4.99 for Apple TV while getting a year free subscription?

Why am I being charged $4.99 monthly for Apple TV when getting free subscription you a year?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 11:49 AM

You get the free year of Apple TV+ if you redeem the free year offer.

If you sign up regularly, then you may get a 7 day trial (once).

If you sign up when not qualifying for the year offer, then you may get a 7 day trial (once) or no trial.

The details of the subscription and the duration of the trial period will be specified in the Subscription Confirmation email.

The renewal date is also specified in your subscriptions overview.

If you buy or rent something that is not part of Apple TV+, then you will be charged separately for that.

Read here how to redeem: Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Read here about the conditions: Apple TV+ one year offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

Read here if you have trouble redeeming: If you can't redeem your promotional trial of Apple TV+ - Apple Support

If you signed up with a lesser trial period, then you may want to contact the Apple Support staff to sort it out, and see what they can do for you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 11:49 AM in response to Stupid01-

You get the free year of Apple TV+ if you redeem the free year offer.

If you sign up regularly, then you may get a 7 day trial (once).

If you sign up when not qualifying for the year offer, then you may get a 7 day trial (once) or no trial.

The details of the subscription and the duration of the trial period will be specified in the Subscription Confirmation email.

The renewal date is also specified in your subscriptions overview.

If you buy or rent something that is not part of Apple TV+, then you will be charged separately for that.

Read here how to redeem: Apple TV+ - One Year Offer - Apple

Read here about the conditions: Apple TV+ one year offer - Terms and conditions - Apple

Read here if you have trouble redeeming: If you can't redeem your promotional trial of Apple TV+ - Apple Support

If you signed up with a lesser trial period, then you may want to contact the Apple Support staff to sort it out, and see what they can do for you.

Can you tell me why I am charged $4.99 for Apple TV while getting a year free subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.