Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keychain will no longer automatically log into websites

Hello,

when I go to my regular websites, I no longer get the key symbol to log in . . .

on my iMac I am using Big Sur, Version 11.2.1, recently upgraded from Catalina,

& Keychain Access, Version 11.0.

I can't find any info to help me with this problem . . . I'm hoping someone out there can help . . .

Thank you.

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 3:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2021 4:09 PM

chattydoll wrote:

Hello,
when I go to my regular websites, I no longer get the key symbol to log in . . .
I can't find any info to help me with this problem . . . I'm hoping someone out there can help . . .
Thank you.

Open Safari Preferences. Look at the AutoFill tab. Make sure that the box for user names and passwords, forms etc. are checked. Then look in the Passwords tab and make sure that the usernames and passwords are there.

If you use the iCloud Keychain option, make sure that you are properly logged in to your Apple ID (System Preferences => AppleID) and make sure that iCloud is on and the Keychain option is activated.

NOTE: I am on a computer running Catalina right now, but I believe what I say above is also true for Big Sur.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2021 4:09 PM in response to chattydoll

chattydoll wrote:

Hello,
Thank you.

Open Safari Preferences. Look at the AutoFill tab. Make sure that the box for user names and passwords, forms etc. are checked. Then look in the Passwords tab and make sure that the usernames and passwords are there.

If you use the iCloud Keychain option, make sure that you are properly logged in to your Apple ID (System Preferences => AppleID) and make sure that iCloud is on and the Keychain option is activated.

NOTE: I am on a computer running Catalina right now, but I believe what I say above is also true for Big Sur.

Keychain will no longer automatically log into websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.