Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod and Apple TV volume

I use my HomePod for the sound on my 4K Apple TV. Until last night if the HomePod was the only output selected then the Apple TV remote controlled the volume of the HomePod. A volume bar appeared on the right side of the screen. But today the remote is only controlling the volume on my TV even if the sound is only outputting to the HomePod and not the tv. I've tried restarting both but can't fix it, does anyone have any ideas about how to make it work like how it used to?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 3:14 PM

• Is all your software up to date? ATV & HomePod
  • in whatever app it was you were using on the tv , force close that, disable HomePod from default audio, then restart.
  • Once your tv 4K has restarted try airplaying to HomePod, to see if the volume works on that , then put HomePod back as your default audio. Test again,

Set up home theater audio with HomePod and Apple TV 4K

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2021 3:14 PM in response to teddog89

• Is all your software up to date? ATV & HomePod
  • in whatever app it was you were using on the tv , force close that, disable HomePod from default audio, then restart.
  • Once your tv 4K has restarted try airplaying to HomePod, to see if the volume works on that , then put HomePod back as your default audio. Test again,

Set up home theater audio with HomePod and Apple TV 4K

HomePod and Apple TV volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.