Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will an old iPod still work with iTunes in 2021?

Hello folks, I want to buy an old iPod and transfer Audible books onto it for my 12 year old son to listen to before bed (don't want to let him listen on his phone as he will end up on TikTok!).

Someone local is selling an old iPod for a good price - but it's described as an "iPod 2nd generation 8gb" - I think from the pictures it's an iPod Touch. Can anyone tell me whether this will still work with iTunes, to transfer the audio books from Audible? Thanks in advance..

Posted on Feb 13, 2021 12:02 PM

2 replies

Feb 21, 2021 2:44 AM in response to fergus144

Thanks for the advice Bob - we've managed to get it working. I got the IT guys at work to help. He didn't use the Audible Sync app which a lot of advice online tells you to do. He just clicked the download button on Audible, and then was able to upload the audiobooks to the Audio Books section of iTunes on my computer. This then synced up with the old iPod. Happy Days!

Will an old iPod still work with iTunes in 2021?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.