Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Air pods

I purchased an iPhone 6 a year ago. I tried to use the AirPods (with wires), for the first time last week. When I plug them into the iPhone, nothing happens. The sound continues to come out of the phone, but no sound comes through the AirPods. Is there something I need to do so I can hear the sound through the AirPods, and people in the room no longer hear the sound from the phone?

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2021 10:07 AM

Hello,

Check the charging port for lint or other debris and see this:

If your headphones don‘t work with your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Good luck.

2 replies

Feb 14, 2021 2:28 PM in response to MrBill3

Thanks for the suggestion. I checked the charging port, but found no obstructions. My husband started carefully looking at it and found out that the protective border that was put around the outside edges of the phone when I bought it, was preventing the plug of the AirPods from going in all the way. When he pushed that out of the way, he was able to insert the AirPods plug in more. That was the problem. It is now working. Thanks for your assistance!

Air pods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.