Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil 2nd gen not charging w Ipad Pro

I have an Ipad Pro and an Apple Pencil 2nd Generation using IOS 14.4 that will not charge. This has been an ongoing issue since I first got the ipad and pencil in June of 2020. Prior to today, I would follow all of the online suggestions - "forgetting" the pencil, rebooting, re-pairing, confirming the pencil is on flat side, making sure it's tip facing the volume button (however, my pencil seems to favor the other direction) - all while the ipad pro itself is plugged in and at 100% charge. Today I've added hard rebooting (holding the powering buttons longer and not swiping to power down, waiting for reboot). This did not work either, so I've added steps like, talking to the pencil and asking it politely to charge, cursing at the pencil, all while walking, chewing gum, patting my head, and rubbing my stomach - alas all to no avail.

I've now found a youtube video talking about heating the pencil over the stove . . . So maybe I'll add this to my lunchtime activity.

But the biggest frustration is finding NO official statements regarding this issue, nor has any of the software updates (which I automatically receive) addressed this issue - which is clearly a problem experienced by many.

It's hard to work and be creative, maintaining a work regimen WHEN YOUR $129 PENCIL DOESN"T WORK!

Any other suggestions would be great. I'll report back about cooking my pencil with lunch.

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 12:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2021 3:19 PM

What about contact Apple and asking for a new, replacement Apple Pencil 2?

If your Apple Pencil 2 is a less than a year old and is malfunctioning you are entitled to free replacements.

I suggest you search online to locate and call contact your nearest, “local” Apple Store location to make an appointment to get your Apple Pencil replaced with another brand new Pencil.

OR, failing that,

Contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities OR by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Best of Luck to You!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2021 3:19 PM in response to smccheese

What about contact Apple and asking for a new, replacement Apple Pencil 2?

If your Apple Pencil 2 is a less than a year old and is malfunctioning you are entitled to free replacements.

I suggest you search online to locate and call contact your nearest, “local” Apple Store location to make an appointment to get your Apple Pencil replaced with another brand new Pencil.

OR, failing that,

Contact Apple support via the contact support link located at the upper right hand corner of every Webpage of these Apple support communities OR by installing and using the Apple Support app found in the iOS App Store.

Tap the iOS App Store link below.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/apple-support/id1130498044

Best of Luck to You!

Apple Pencil 2nd gen not charging w Ipad Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.