Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone doesn't make a sound when I receive a text message

HI, I have an iPhone 11 and an Apple watch 3.

My iPhone does not make any sound when I receive a text message.

I've gone through all of the checks I can find by googling and finally came across a temporary fix. This involved turning off bluetooth for Messages on my Apple watch to prevent the text message from going to the watch.

According to the article I read, Apple is supposed to aware of this problem and is coming out with a fix but no one knows when. This is the only way I've found that will allow the text message to alarm on my iPhone.

I say temporary fix as turning off bluetooth also turns off Find My which I tend to use a lot to find where I've put my phone. So I want to get that back to normal asap.

If anyone else has any suggestions I'd love to try them.

Thanks

Posted on Feb 18, 2021 10:41 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Feb 19, 2021 3:22 AM in response to JmDo

It cannot be the way you have described. Try to find out when it does not give notifications? Under which circumstances for e.g.

• When Locked or Unlocked
  • When on DND or Bed Time
  • When your Text app is open or closed
  • When your ringer is silent or enabled
  • For a particular Contact or for all
  • For VIPs or for all

If you are never getting a Notification then you need to set up one. --> Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple ...

Feb 19, 2021 3:23 AM in response to JmDo

Where you’ll see your notifications

Notifications go to either your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both. Learn when a notification might appear on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch, below.

If your iPhone is unlocked, you'll get notifications on your iPhone, instead of your Apple Watch.

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode.

Feb 19, 2021 7:38 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thanks SravanKrA, That list solved my problem although what I thought was a problem was not. The very first item on the list was what I was confused about. I had thought that I should be getting a notification on both the watch and the iPhone but as I see by your second post you either get one or the other. Depending on whether the iPhone is locked or not.

Thank you kindly for your help, it was much appreciated.

My iphone doesn't make a sound when I receive a text message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.