Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when i try to set up my AOL email on my IPad it says"the user name or password for "imap.aol.com" is incorrect. what should i do

when i try to add my aol email acct it says that my username or password or incorrect, but it is the same on my other devices, i.e. desktop and cell phone

iPad

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 9:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 9:47 AM

If your credentials are being rejected, either your username or password must be incorrect. Perhaps your AOL Mail uses an App-specific Password, this being unique per device; many Mail providers (such as Gmail) have moved to this type of authentication for IMAP and POP3 mailboxes.

1 reply

when i try to set up my AOL email on my IPad it says"the user name or password for "imap.aol.com" is incorrect. what should i do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.