Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I run Maps in iPad?

The livings in Motorhome. Travel. Have Apple #8/ can I run Maps in iPad?

Can I use a iPad. Like Maps in my Apple #phone?

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 21, 2021 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 10:42 AM

Be aware that all iPad models have two basic variants- these being WiFi Only and WiFi+Cellular. WiFi Only models of iPad do not have any GPS capabilities; only the WiFi+Cellular models models include GPS.

If you wish to use moving-Maps for navigation, as perhaps implied by your post, you should be considering a WiFi+Cellular version of whichever model of iPad that you choose.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2021 10:42 AM in response to DaughterDearest

Be aware that all iPad models have two basic variants- these being WiFi Only and WiFi+Cellular. WiFi Only models of iPad do not have any GPS capabilities; only the WiFi+Cellular models models include GPS.

If you wish to use moving-Maps for navigation, as perhaps implied by your post, you should be considering a WiFi+Cellular version of whichever model of iPad that you choose.

Can I run Maps in iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.