Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iWatch override all iPhone sounds

Hello any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have had iPhone 6s/iPhone XR/iPhone 12pro all paired with the same iWatch series 3 while the particular phone was in service (not all at the same time). The thing that frustrates me to no end about pairing a phone with the watch is that the watch settings override the phone settings. I want to hear MY ringtone, I want to hear MY text tones I make for certain people so I can decide if I need to immediately look at the incoming message. Outside of putting the watch on airplane mode is there no other way around this? in airplane mode what's the point, then its just a $400.00 digital watch with cute faces that you have to charge every night. I think I have tried every variation of every setting I have found to get around this issue, please help.

Apple, please change this default. I would rather use my analog Timex than deal with not seeing/hearing/feeling the custom settings I made for my phone.

iPhone XR

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 11:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 12:52 PM

See Notifications on your Apple Watch

Feel free to send Apple your feedback https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch.html

Similar questions

1 reply

Why does iWatch override all iPhone sounds

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.