Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Apple TV remote

So I lost my Apple TV remote and I tried to connect my iPhone as a remote, but it keeps asking me to put a code in the Apple TV settings for new devices. The problem is I can’t access my Apple TV settings because I don’t have the remote, how can I connect my phone?

Apple TV

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 6:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 9:00 PM

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The Apple TV (2nd generation) is not compatible with the software remote in Control Center.

The Apple TV (3rd generation) need a functional remote to set up the software Apple TV Remote on your phone.

The Apple TV (4th or 5th generation) should recognize the software remote directly.

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

For the Apple TV (3rd generation), your options are:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2021 9:00 PM in response to EddRi

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The Apple TV (2nd generation) is not compatible with the software remote in Control Center.

The Apple TV (3rd generation) need a functional remote to set up the software Apple TV Remote on your phone.

The Apple TV (4th or 5th generation) should recognize the software remote directly.

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

For the Apple TV (3rd generation), your options are:

Lost Apple TV remote

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.