Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi. i want to use iphone as remote (lost apple tv remote). getting prompted to e get 4 digit code i. apple tv to pair but can control apple tv to get to settings. any ideas?

how do u link iphone to apple tv if remote is lost and can’t get apple tv to setting/general as iphone says i need to do to enter 4 digit code.

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2021 10:21 PM

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The Apple TV (4th generation or later) should be straight-forward to pair with, as described, if both devices are already on the same home network.

The Apple TV (3rd generation) needs a functional remote to set up the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (3rd generation), your options are:

The Apple TV (2nd generation) is not compatible with the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (2nd generation), your option is:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2021 10:21 PM in response to neibnyc

What is your model Apple TV? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

The Apple TV (4th generation or later) should be straight-forward to pair with, as described, if both devices are already on the same home network.

The Apple TV (3rd generation) needs a functional remote to set up the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (3rd generation), your options are:

The Apple TV (2nd generation) is not compatible with the Apple TV Remote widget in Control Center.

For the Apple TV (2nd generation), your option is:

hi. i want to use iphone as remote (lost apple tv remote). getting prompted to e get 4 digit code i. apple tv to pair but can control apple tv to get to settings. any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.