Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get rid of the manager analogd

So as I was about to do my work a pop up of manageranalogd will damage your computer showed up and it has taken over my web browser that I can’t even do my work online even though I’m connected to the internet. I don’t know how this pop up has come like I don’t know if it’s a virus so any help to remove it will be great. I’ve tried multiple times to find it in my finder but it won’t let me it’s so annoying

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 2:09 AM

30 replies

Feb 24, 2021 10:33 PM in response to Old Toad

i downloaded the MalwareBytes and it said it quarantined all of the manageranalogd issues. However when I restart, the pop up comes back. But, it will go away when I click it. Which is progress like some of you. I’m wondering, have any of you done a factory reset on your computer? Did it work? I am considering it as most of my important items are on my cloud anyway and I’m getting frustrated.

Feb 23, 2021 5:15 AM in response to melcatherinexo

You probably installed adware. It seems many people have done the same.

What did you recently download and install? From where did you get the installer?

You should only ever download software directly from the developer’s website or the App Store.

Open Network System Preferences.

Select the network Service you use to connect to the Internet (top of list)

Click the Advanced… button

Click the Proxies tab

Uncheck any of the proxies in the list.

back out of the Advanced area and Apply those changes

You may be able to download Etrecheck and remove the adware with it.

Feb 23, 2021 2:28 PM in response to sophe97

Download and run the shareware Find Any File to search for the file. Do the following search(es): 

1 - Name contains manageranalog

Any files that are found can be dragged from the search results window to the Desktop or Trash bin in the Dock for deletion.

FAF can search areas that Spotlight can't like invisible folders, system folders and packages.  

Feb 24, 2021 2:51 AM in response to Old Toad

I just downloaded FindAnyFile. The ManagerAnalogD was located in Macintosh HD / Library / LaunchDaemons. Deleted and Rebooted. Pop up showed again but this time it went away after clicking OK on it. However I have to redo this process when I start a new session on my computer, so there must be something that triggers the pop up that needs to be removed.

But there is progress. :-)

Feb 24, 2021 3:24 AM in response to melcatherinexo

I also have this problem too. I already installed Malware and the Cleanmymacx. The latter detected the malware and I already deleted the so-called files into the trashbin and deleted it permanently. However, the alert still pops-up when I start my Macbook pro again. When I press okay or show in finder, it doesn't reappear. But when I shut down my macbook and open it, the prompt is still there. Here I was, thinking that switching to mac will help me avoid having viruses and spyware. I even bought the paid version of cleanmymac. But this is so annoying. I just bought my MBP last November.

Feb 25, 2021 6:25 AM in response to Helpscampbell

Yes thank you. I did it again. The Malwarebytes download was broke twice but now I did it completely new.

After a restart. It worked out now. Thank you very much !! from Berlin...

What helped me too, was the www.macsecurity.net !

They explanted it step by step to delete the problem manually. And then load MALWAREBYTES.

They offer COMBO CLEANER, but it did not work with me. Only errors.

Feb 25, 2021 5:21 PM in response to Old Toad

I did this already. Even downloaded the findanyfile app from the appstore. It detected it. Deleted it immediately and restarted my Mac and the prompt was still there. Already scanned using cleanmymacx as well as malwarebytes. It says my disk is clean but the prompt is still there. It only goes away when I click "ok" or "find in finder".

How to get rid of the manager analogd

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.