Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

missing files (but not really)

so I downloaded some files for a project and I went into my download folder but they are gone. the weird thing is that the files still appear in fcpx and they are working properly, I've restarted my mac and all but they still work just fine, so my question is where are my files? I can't find them with spotlight search and can't click "reveal in finder" in fcpx. how are the files still working?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.2

Posted on Feb 23, 2021 4:03 PM

8 replies

Feb 24, 2021 2:52 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Our posts seem to have crossed.

So by your last post, my guess is that you have the Optimized media, but neither the Proxy nor the Original - is that correct?

Optimized media by default will be saved inside the library. You can make a copy of that for safekeeping.

I don't think you can reach that file from the application, you'd have to do it using the Finder.

Be careful not to change anything inside the library bundle when you do that.

Select the library in the Finder.

Control-click, choose "Show Package Contents". Navigate to the folder corresponding to the event in question, then to Optimized Media. You can COPY the file out somewhere, do not remove it.

missing files (but not really)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.