Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Default Mail Program - Preview

Outlook (or hotmail or exchange, whatever its called these days) has been my default email program since the 80s. i would like it to be the email program that comes up when i want to email a document from Preview. actually, i'd like to be the default email program on my Mac (Catalina). how do i configure this?

(i have checked System Preference, Internet Accounts and show only i cloud and Exchange in the left hand pane and have checked Mail and Contacts in the right pane. is this correct for what i want or do i uncheck Mail?)

thank you,

scott

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 24, 2021 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

4 replies

Feb 25, 2021 5:50 AM in response to boulderskies9889

Yes, that sounds reasonable.

If your goal is to click on an email link and have it automatically open something from your outlook account, then you can choose the outlook app (or the Apple mail app, for that matter) as the default, as long as the chosen app is configured to open your outlook account. I don't know of a way to have that happen automatically via a web browser (e.g. Safari). Maybe somebody here knows a way, though...

Feb 25, 2021 11:30 AM in response to CT

thank you. i was wanting to have outlook, not Apple Mail launch by default from Preview but i'm accessing outlook from Safari. so....i decided to install the Outlook app from the App Store but Microsoft (who i detesst after supporting it for over 20 years, and why i am now a staunch Apple user) wants a license fee! right. i've used Hotmail for 20 years for free via a browser...so, forget it.

anyway, thank you for your help.

Default Mail Program - Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.