Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I've bought an iPhone of eBay and is locked

hi I've just bout an apple iPhone 11 off of eBay and i have proof of me purchasing it. and its delivered and the apple id is locked and i cant set up the phone so i was wondering if you could remove it for me please.

i dont know the apple id or the password on it or the normal device password to unlock it. so is there anything you can do to help remove the apple id.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2021 9:18 AM

graci3hill Said:

"apple id: hi I’ve just bought an apple iPhone 11 off of eBay and i have proof of me purchasing it. and it’s delivered and the Apple ID is locked[...]

———-

Seems Like a Scam. So...

Contact eBay ASAP:

Based on your full wording it seems like a scam, though a full assumption on my part. Having purchased this online and at a Web site (eBay), contact the site, seeing what your options are when it comes to scams. Go Here: eBay Customer Service - eBay

And...

Take this as a Learning Experience:

When you purchase an item - you can do so either anew or used. If you go about purchasing a used one, do so in-person. Have the seller go here: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. When proceeding with the purchase, request that the seller allows you to log in an assign it to your own Apple Account. If the seller dis-abides by those rules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction. In all, it seems like a Scam to me, though a full assumption on my, part.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2021 9:18 AM in response to graci3hill

graci3hill Said:

"apple id: hi I’ve just bought an apple iPhone 11 off of eBay and i have proof of me purchasing it. and it’s delivered and the Apple ID is locked[...]

———-

Seems Like a Scam. So...

Contact eBay ASAP:

Based on your full wording it seems like a scam, though a full assumption on my part. Having purchased this online and at a Web site (eBay), contact the site, seeing what your options are when it comes to scams. Go Here: eBay Customer Service - eBay

And...

Take this as a Learning Experience:

When you purchase an item - you can do so either anew or used. If you go about purchasing a used one, do so in-person. Have the seller go here: What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. When proceeding with the purchase, request that the seller allows you to log in an assign it to your own Apple Account. If the seller dis-abides by those rules you've set forth, then do not proceed with the transaction. In all, it seems like a Scam to me, though a full assumption on my, part.

Feb 25, 2021 10:11 AM in response to graci3hill

graci3hill Said:

"I’ve just bought an iPhone of eBay and is locked: hi, the phones already arrived but I think its a stollen phone that they have sent to me, so is there anything I can give you to try and contact the seller if I gave you a serial number and you can see who the owner is maybe so they can get it back?

———-

Where to Go from here:

I have No Access to your Info:

First off, keep personal information (i.e. Serial Numbers) off of these forums. They are open to everyone out there to view. So, by providing it, someone would know to whom it pertains.

Contact eBay and Apple:

Secondly, note that these are user-to-user forums. No one here has access to your (or anyone else’s) Apple Account info (and that is a good thing, BTW). So, take this up with eBay and take this up with Apple. For eBay, Go here: eBay Customer Service - eBay

Apple Support Contact Info:

Apple will see this firsthand from from their perspective, and will run you through the fix. Here is the information for contacting Apple Support:

Apple Phone Support:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Screensharing with the Apple Rep

Apple needs to see this for themselves. So, screenshare a the iSight Camera your iPhone or that of your Mac. Ask a friend, or family member if you may use their phone, if you do not have one handy. By screensharing the iSight Camera, the Apple Rep will see this firsthand from your perspective.

Learn more at these links: 

I've bought an iPhone of eBay and is locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.